Sunday, February 05, 2006

Arranged Marriages...and the like

My paternal grandparents had an arranged marriage. She was 12 and he was 16, and they were betrothedt o each other I cannot tell you much on their love lives, as many people who come from India, their generation did not show much affection as they do today. WAtch any indian movie where you will find the guy to be so romatic he would and does die a couple of times for his 'jhaan'.

Titanic looks like a joke compared to Indian movies. Sharukh is a hero like no other hero, he seduces with his smile and quirky expressions, wherever he goes has an adoring fan base.

Yet in the end love does not win at the end.

A friend's ex girlfriend ended a two year relationship when she married someone her parents chose.

And now a boy whom I lost my heart to is marrying a girl his parents have chosen.

Now I sit and wonder is there some truth some secret power to this arranged marriage concept. I am plagued by the West and the East, movies dictating, stating no PROMISING that LOVE WILL concur all, yet in reality, loe exists for a fleeting moment and then its gone.

I always believed in love, but today I admit its nothing more than a chemical reaction as the pessimistic masses have been saying for a long time.

I have fallen inlove out of love! I have sworn to give up on it, I have dared to be different and not carry my heart on my sleeve.

I have contemplated friends with benefits, I have tried to understand what love is before so wrecklessly engaing in it, playing a game whose rules I know nothing of.

But the kama sutra shows u love making but not love. Philosophers have debated it, and yet still its unexplained, unexplored yet experienced by the masses.

There must be some kind of formula, there must be some hidden secrets, codes, passwords to this unexplainable phenomena.

But now I will yet again mend a wounded heart, with a needle that prinks and hurts, with a thread that leaves an ugly scar but a heart that continues to beat…

No comments: