Saturday, April 22, 2006

My Nine West Boots with Nine inch heels


So yesterday I have this interview in town at 12. I wear my Nine West boots which I got at half price in December, cause its the only boot high enough to wear with flared brown pants, which matches perfectly with my see thru white shirt which is so complimented by my black grey long tailored Marion Lyndie Jacket I get from My aunt Hanifa.

I am not a designer wearing kinda person, but I do have these occasional items Vogue magazines brag about.

My mother looks at me and says, " In that shirt, in those shoes?",

and my sarcastic know it all reply is, " Yes in this shirt and in those shoes."

" You are going to be late, you cant do anything in those shoes, and its cold outside"

and my sarcastic know it all reply is," I wont be late and I have jacket."

I walk down my road in pain and agony and I catch a taxi at 11.15. But it was a kind taxi, the "sliding door operator' sees me walking very slowly down the road and reverses for like 100m to come pick me up. Bless his kind soul. My feet are very grateful.

Unfortunately the taxi also takes all the "draaijies" into Brigetown, Silvertown and chases the rabbit down the hole only to find out he's on his way to Wonderland.

I get at the terminis at 11.45 and I got no idea where the building is.
It starts to drizzle.
I am "helilig " over my hair as everyone knows.
So drizzling waters sure as hell messes up my do.

But off I galavant, and a kind lady at a stall selling kitchenware tells me where I need to be.
10 minutes to get there, 9 inch heels, mincing hair and crazy traffic, obstacles which a Surrey Estate 'meisie' handles everyday.

I arrive five minutes late luckily the person conducting the interview is late!!

But everything goes off well, and I am on my way back home.

My feet are killing me, literally. I manage to get a Mannenburg Taxi, not a Heideveld one which means an extra 15 minute walk. Its starts to pour, and I mean buckets of water. Cape Town should NOT be worried about unfilled dams. I get off at my stop, and my mom is not even at home to pick me up (an ideal opportunity to complain on why she NEVER carries her bloomin cell phone). I mentioned its a see through shirt, its pouring, and my jacket is literally soaked.
I am dripping with rain, and a taxi passes me, and the driver feels sorry for me (oh at this point I should mentioned I forgot my purse at home, meaning I had just enough money for one taxi) picks me up and I say, " I have no money!"

He looks at me and asks, " Where did you go to in the rain all dressed up?"

"For an interview for a job." I replied.

At which point the 'gaartjie' chorused in and said, " You will get that job, but even if you do you might need to take a few days off."

Perplexed I turn around and ask, "Why do I need days off?"

His reply, " Cause girly, in this rain, and those heals you definately going to get the flu!"

Mums and 'gaartjies are always right, ATCHOOOO!!!!

PS: Nine West boots are no longer used for my job interviews, just letting you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm really into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the shoes are approximately 330 bucks everwhere. But finally I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?