Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My India


As i stood on the ninth floor behind a misquito net and a protruding window, i looked at the Gateway in its majestic demanding presence. I felt like i was imposing on a picture. It was perfectly beautiful and timeless.

India in all its glory with a personality like no other. In the mornings i woke up to my 7 year old cousin always happy glowing and smiling. People made yoga on the square. I was grossly ripped off in buying postcards for double the price. People Harass you and wonder where you from.

Families come onto the sqaure. I walked from a distance, i should have gone closer. Beggers with babies and deformed people. People. All the people.

And taxis. So many Taxis. hooting all the time. silence

1 comment:

*cosmic freak* said...

you're back to writing! glad to have you back. I always wanted to go to India. :-(