Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh I ponder and wonder

Sometimes I ponder if things would have been different.

Like what if I studied to be a writer instead. Would any of my stuff actually have been published? I wonder if I ever will be a top notch stock broker, or a sort after analyst, an Oscar winning actress or script writer, a Grammy winning song writer, a suicidal artist, or a chef that makes Jaimie Oliver stutter and Nigella actually look unsexy but I settle for the unpublished poet.

I go on and further explore my past relationships and wonder, would things have been different if I went out with the guys who asked me out, who I hesitantly refused cause I was too shy or scared?

Would I be a married lady, would we have holidayed in Maurituis at Berjaya?

What if I married that boy who dumped me after a few weeks but politely proposed first, would I be divorced, pregnant and yet again suicidal?

What if I never studied and got a job being the assistant to Nolene on SABC 3 and after 6 years have my own talk show raising interesting topics like, “Why Barbie Dolls have waists equivalent to the size of their thighs?”

What if I was rich would I be driving a new Mercedes with expensive obnoxious mags, and loud system sporting my Bangra collection I would have acquired by then fulfilling every Indian mothers dream of her eldest daughter being an accomplished, lawyer, doctor, engineer, accountant or economist?

But things are very different, I take a taxi to Clicks head office and mess a around with numbers learning what a big company does, enabling me to have first hand knowledge of what the operational side is like in running a huge retail store which further aids my experience and development as a top retail analyst, making the likes of Merill Lynch, Allan Gray and all those other snooty Mercedes driving company workers, very impressed with my work, after which I become a HOTEL analyst, holidaying at the likes of Berjaya in Maurituis, with an amazing guy, who doesn’t give a damn that my waist is not the size of an anorexic Paris Hilton (Heiress to a Hotel Empire I must add for the intellectually challenged), inspiring me as a muse to write beautiful published poems, and songs they will use in Isidingo for the greatest romantic couple to grace our screens since Brooke and Ridge in Bold and the Beautiful, namely Rajesh and Lee.

I will then have lots of babies, ok two and cook butter chicken on Sundays with all the

side dishes and finish it off with a cheesecake for dessert from a Nigella Lawson cookbook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish to say that your articles are brilliantly written and I especially like the on about pondering and wondering. I guess everyone is our life time spends all our time wandering but how many actually spend it pondering?My absolute best thing in the whole wide world to do, is to ponder. Ponder about my past life and my new life which is my future. Maybe if everyone in this great big universe where to ponder about the many rights and wrongs they have done in their past live, the world would be a different place for us good people to live in.

The Pink Mermaid said...

Der Anonymous although I know who exactly you are Naeema:)

I think ponders make the world full of wonders, although not all of us are designed that way, some of us fit in perfectly with the crowd, others stand out like a sore thumb.

Guess which category i think u come from?

Applause for the ponderer!!