Sunday, February 17, 2013

Savory muffins on a lazy Sunday morning

So I discovered this recipe by accident, not wanting to let a packet of button mushrooms go to waste. It's actually a sort of weigh less recipe, but it really doesn't taste like one. I added some more veggies to make it more breakfasty and substantial.

The recipe

2 cups of cake flour
1tablespoon of baking powder
1tspn salt
Pepper to your liking
1tspn thyme
1/2 tspn chilie powder
1egg
350ml milk
60ml olive oil
1/2 punnet ie125g mushrooms
Cheddar cheese cut in teensy blocks, I used about 70g
1/2 red onion diced into small pieces
1tin sweet corn

Method
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Mix milk and egg and oil
3. Add chopped veggies to dry ingredients, and then add the sweet corn.
4. Mix well. Then dish into muffin trays with cupcake casings.
Bake for 20- 25 minutes, at 200 degrees

When they are warm, the muffin sticks to the cupcake casings, so rather wait for it cool, or better still just eat it with a spoon ( which is what I did).

It's healthy without trying to be. Next time I would make it without the cheese w I hardly taste it unless its hot and the cheese melts.

I find it to be a good savory snack too.

Something you can munch on before dinner time.

Enjoy

The pink mermaid




No comments: