Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dates

I don't know exactly why but I thought this picture out of all picture depits love and affection most adequately. The way Simba stands tall and loks ahead with a vision of a future and Nala although opinionated and independent, cuddles up to Simba.

I mean there is just so much contradiction wrt love these days. As a woman you would want to be independent and stand tall, high and strong yet there are desires for a man to be by your side, without compromising your independence, or losing your inividuality.

the question arises, DOES a guy have to pay for dates? Does he have to call you first? I have paid for dates, I've called first. Was this wrong? How much do you or dont you do? Do u really want him to save you, resue you from reality?
Will being a mother and a wife compensate for the world of wonder that lays out there for us. WIll it satisfy the ever building curiosity for truth, will it quench the thirst for accomplishment, will it erradicate the need for acceptance and appreciation? Am I using big words to describe nothing?

AM i being too independent?

What are issues?

Am I being to liberal, with love, do you have to be old fasioned?

Then there are guys that buy you huge prawns on first dates, is that showing off?? DO i care for a prawn, for me it's more about the company, does he make me laugh (LOL too!), is he smart, does he have opinions or god forbid he agree with everything I say (hate that).

Not that I have been on that many dates, but you get the drift.

I just ponder on these things, I wonder on what is and is not accptable, on whether they are guidelines or whether they are society and media's norms.

I better end off now before I go off another tangent.

But what is your opinions on all this?

No comments: