Thursday, June 08, 2006



My favourite Disney cartoons are a cross between the little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Although I loved Alladin and Hercules as well and one can't leave out the Lion Kig which goes in its own class altogether.

But theLlittle mermaid. AAAAAAAAh. DId u know that in Hans Andersons real story that the disney production was based on, well she dies in the end an becomes foam and the prince lives happily ever after with the witch?? That is the PROPER ending!!

I mean what does that imply?? Say??

As much as I love these tales...is it something I want to teach my children, that a prince will save my little girl and my son must grow up to be a prince?

Still as women we have a need to be rescued, which is annoying cause we dont, yet there is something that posioned our minds for such a long time making us believe we need to be.

I loved Shrek (well eddie Murphy stole that show) but more so because, princess Fiona choses Shrek and in the end becomes ugly.
Now you dont want to encourage your kids to be ugly either, but I think the movie is in a gentle way trying to contradict what the media and magazines presses us to believe.

That's what I think. This is an unedited, totally ill structured opinion piece. I had these pretty pics and I just needed to add some words, and now I have so I should rather end off here.

No comments: