Tuesday, October 17, 2006

F A I T H F U L


In front of God these vows are said

To be forever yours till either of us is dead

I am a person on my own

But next to you I sit on my thrown

We are not one, but from one bread we eat

No races we run no one to beat

We help each other with what needs to be done

And never forgetting we are not one

Cause death will come and then we must be strong

But for now and seven lives after to each other we belong

We drink from one cup and the water is blessed

With each others hearts and heads we will never mess

We wont hurt each other, but fights will come

Silly moments, where we both will be dumb

We both know this but its part of this pact

Marriage is hard, it’s a known, unbeatable fact

With joys and sorrows and all imbetween

And tradition, family and Islam as our deen

I hereby take you as my man

And by your side I promise to stand

And be your wife till death do us part

I hereby give you my whole heart

Respect it well and treat it right

With kindness and delicacy with no spite

Understand and challenge it, it comes with a brain

And when it weeps help to take away the pain

And when it needs a shoulder to cry

Comfort it dearly and don’t ask why

And if you can promise to do all of this

I can promise you darling eternal bliss

3 comments:

*cosmic freak* said...

is this your wedding vow? sweet. (",)

The Pink Mermaid said...

hmnn well I dunno when I am getting married but I think this is what vows ought to be.

Yes I did overdose a bit on the cornyness side but alas being inlove makes you do strange things

*cosmic freak* said...

yes, being in love does make you do strange things (",)