Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ramadaan, dates, cakes and Boeka Boeber Birthday Jols!!

So on Sunday was my Uncles 50the surprise birthday party and it was super kwaai, we had a braai and everyone was there even my Boyfriend (B) shock upon all shocks.

I looked super snazzy with hair hair blow dried and my Kiff haircut, white linen jacket and new white ballet pumps I got at a bargain, now to get a red pair with a matching bag. Oh and stole my sisters new white bag aunty fowzie got her for her bday. If i died my hair blonde i would have looked like Paris hilton (well that and walking on stilts, getting 10 shades lighter and losing 150kgs of weight yaw)

I left B to play with Brymie since they both dig chess more than dhaljies, whilst i assisted with stuff in the kitchen. Not that much was needed as Hafi and Sara are rather efficient.

We had Moracan chicken and Braai complete with bibis Kitchen Samoosa's, Moms soup, benjans Boeber, Woolies choc milkshake, salads, Mums Pie (legendary), fruits and lotsa Appletiser.

The youngers click, (my cousins and my auntie Zaida since she is part of the younger click) was suposed to sit outside, breathing in deep breaths of Spring quickly had to be transported into the longue when an unexpected outpour of rain magically appeared out of a nearly blue sky.

So we boeka inside and its only fun from the start where my cousin Sadiqa is only hilerious with my little cousin Sara being the perfect hostess.

I made a chocolate cake, we sang and let my uncle blow his 50 candle out awaiting a Speech but he got lost for words so we ended up having masala tea cake and lots of conversation.

All in all a very successfull boeber jol!! HAPPY 50TH UNCLE!!

RABIA's crown birthday was on Saturday night, well a belated birthday party and i must say we were equally flabogasted at her cullinery talent (move over nigella).

On the menu was the CULT favourite LASAGNE, a devine potatoe bake and chicken with such a wicked combination of flavors including ORANGES. Yes, biting into a boutjie I was attempting to discover the flavor on my palette and low and behold it was orange, tastey refreshing and very unusual, a bit like Rabia HAHA. the Pecan nut Pie was definately better than the ones you get in a box from Woolies and even had chocolate in it.

I am inlove, that Pecan nut Pie and me
were meant to be!!

Anyhows Happy CROWN BIRTHDAY RABIA!!

No comments: